Not only will the Breeders’ Cup showcase horse racing’s top talent Nov. 3-4 at Racetrack but it’ll also shine a light on San Diego’s cuisine, culture and entertainment.
Heavy on music and food, begins a week before the races. It also features golf tournaments, a beach run and a $100,000 poker tournament.
Among the highlights:
- Art of the Horse (Now through Nov. 4): Art exhibition featuring 20 life-size, fiberglass horse statues created by local artists, displayed throughout San Diego.
- Jake’s 35th Beach Fun Run and Breeders’ Cup Breeze Presented by San Diego Surf Cup (Oct. 28): A 3.2 mile run on the beach kicks off the festival; it includes a beach party at local eatery .
- Rood & Riddle Breeders’ Cup Post-Position Draw (Oct. 30): Starting gate positions will be drawn, at the Beach at , for each horse in the 13 races.
- Torrey Pines Golf Tournament (Oct. 31): The tournament will welcome Breeders’ Cup executives, owners and participants for a day of friendly competition.
- Ponies & Poker (Oct. 31-Nov. 2): At the tourney will bring together amateur and pro poker players for a shot at a $100,000 prize.
- Breeders’ Cup Belly-Up Concert Series (Nov. 1-Nov. 4): Series will feature San Diego area musicians.
- Bourbon, Blue Grass & Breeders’ Cup (Nov. 1): The Del Mar Foundation’s community party will feature music, bourbon and whiskey tastings, at the Barn at the Beach facility in in Del Mar.
- Jocktails at the Breeders Cup (Nov. 1): Cocktails crafted by Breeders’ Cup’s jockeys and personalities at .
- Best at the Barn (Nov. 2): The Del Mar Village Assn. will host an upscale tasting event at the Barn at the Beach venue at with top San Diego chefs, specialty cocktails and wines.
- Bash at the Beach (Nov. 3): Following the first full day of races, invites fans to enjoy a cocktail as they take in a stunning San Diego sunset. The event will benefit Thoroughbred Charities of America.
- Betting the Breeders’ Cup presented by the Daily Racing Form (Date: TBD): A preview from Daily Racing Form experts on how to bet the Breeders’ Cup races.